With an easy but longer drive to and from work I am a big fan of podcasts. TechChickTips has been part of my Professional Learning Network for a while and I find that there is at least one tool I can immediately apply after each episode. I have added EdReach and EdTech Radio to my listening list.
I spent the bulk of my time in this activity exploring the resources available to me via ALA. I joined ALA this year and I am sorry to say that I have not taken the time to explore the resources available to me. I started with eCollab since that is something I have heard a lot of buzz about but not explored. After realizing that I could spend hours watching webcasts I created the following list of webcasts and scheduled to watch one a week. Not quite 20% time but it’s a start.
- Be Essential – And Convince Others that You Are
- Art 2.0: Arts, Libraries, and Technology
- Amp Up the CCSS ELA through Highly Engaging Academic Gaming
- A School Librarian’s Role in Preventing Sexting & Cyberbulllying
- C3: Creating a Climate of Collaboration
- Changing Lives through Informal Learning
- ALL the Reading Promotion topics that apply to secondary schools
OK, one a week will not be enough. I will have to balance my summer PD reading/watching to complete a few webcasts a week along with my hour of reading ever day.
I have also signed up for some PD offered by the database providers. Being signed up will give me the incentive to spend more time using these powerful tools.